Neil Gaiman’s SANDMAN Netflix Series Adds More Cast Members Including Patton Oswalt and Jenna Coleman
Netflix’s adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series brings in more cast members including Patton Oswalt and Jenna Coleman.
Netflix’s adaptation of Neil Gaiman‘s Sandman series brings in more cast members including Patton Oswalt and Jenna Coleman.
The ensemble cast for Netflix’s adaptation of the Sandman comic book series has just gotten a new set of cast member additions with some very talented actors joining the cast.
The new actors joining the project include Patton Oswalt, Jenna Coleman, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Mason Alexander Park, Donna Preston, Niamh Walsh, Joely Richardson, David Thewlis, Kyo Ra, Stephen Fry, Razane Jammal, and Sandra James Young.
They join the previously cast Tom Sturridge, Gwendoline Christie, Vivienne Acheampong, Boyd Holbrook, Charles Dance, Asim Chaudhry, and Sanjeev Bhaskar.
The series is described as “a rich blend of modern myth and dark fantasy in which contemporary fiction, historical drama and legend are seamlessly interwoven.” The story follows “the people and places affected by Morpheus, the Dream King, as he tries to fix all the cosmic and human mistakes he’s made during his vast existence.”
Here’s a breakdown of who the actors will be portraying in the series:
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste will play Death, Dream’s wiser, nice and much more sensible sister.
- Alexander Park will take on Desire, Dream’s sibling, and desire personified. Desire is also trouble for Dream.
- Donna Preston will portray Despair, Dream’s sister, and the twin of Desire. She is the moment when all hope is gone, the bleakest of the Endless.
- Jenna Coleman is Johanna Constantine, haunted exorcist and Occult Adventuress for Hire. Johanna is also John Constantine’s great-great-great-grandmother.
- Niamh Walsh will appear as is Young Ethel Cripps, a betrayed and determined young woman seeking to survive.
- Joely Richardson takes on Ethel Cripps, Master thief, and woman of a thousand identities.
- David Thewlis is John Dee, Ethel’s son. Dangerous, insane, and on a quest for truth. He was driven mad, long ago. Now he’s out and on a quest for Truth that may destroy the world.
- Kyo Ra will play Rose Walker, a young woman on a desperate search for her missing brother. She discovers a connection to Dream that neither of them can escape.
- Stephen Fry is Gilbert, Debonair protector of Rose Walker.
- Razane Jammal is Lyta Hall, Rose’s best friend, travel companion, and a young widow mourning her husband Hector. Rose doesn’t know that Hector has started showing up in Lyta’s dreams, though. Or that strange things are happening.
- Sandra James Young will take on Unity Kincaide, Heiress, and Rose’s mysterious benefactor. She has spent a century asleep. Now she’s awake, having missed out on her life.
- Patton Oswalt will voice Matthew The Raven, Dream’s trusted emissary. A Raven.
- Tom Sturridge is Dream, Lord of Dreaming
- Gwendoline Christie is Lucifer, Ruler of Hell
- Vivienne Acheampong is Lucienne, chief librarian and trusted guardian of Dream’s realm
- Boyd Holbrook is The Corinthian, an escaped nightmare who wishes to taste all that the world has in store
- Charles Dance is Roderick Burgess, Charlatan, blackmailer, and magician
- Asim Chaudry is Abel and Sanjeev Bhaskar is Cain, the first victim and the first predator, residents, and loyal subjects of the Dream Realm
Neil Gaiman previously talked about bringing this story to life as a series saying:
“For the last thirty-three years, the Sandman characters have breathed and walked around and talked in my head. I’m unbelievably happy that now, finally, they get to step out of my head and into reality. I can’t wait until the people out there get to see what we’ve been seeing as Dream and the rest of them take flesh, and the flesh belongs to some of the finest actors out there.
“This is astonishing, and I’m so grateful to the actors and to all of The Sandman collaborators — Netflix, Warner Bros., DC, to Allan Heinberg and David Goyer, and the legions of crafters and geniuses on the show — for making the wildest of all my dreams into reality.”
Allan Heinberg will serve as showrunner and executive produce the series alongside Gaiman, and David S. Goyer. The series is being co-written by Gaiman, Goyer, and Heinberg.
Pingback: Netflix Reveals First Look At The Neil Gaiman Series THE SANDMAN | Geek Network | #1 Geek entertainment news
Pingback: THE SPINE OF NIGHT Trailer Shows Footage for the Violent Fantasy Animated Film | Geek Network | #1 Geek entertainment news