Dragon Ball Z Invades Fortnite With New Items Including Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud
Epic Games teased an image that indicated Dragon Ball Z content was coming to Fortnite next week. This came after weeks of leaks and rumors that pointed to this very collaboration. Today, Epic Games released a trailer that showcased the skins and gear coming to the Item Shop along with in-game additions that will have fans of the popular manga and anime dusting off their Saiyan armor as they fly into Battle Royale island.
The short gameplay trailer shows collectible items available along with a Dragon Ball-themed map and a set of challenges that will allow players to unlock rewards of different types. As seen on the Item Shop, there are two bundles available for purchase. In total, the cosmetics available include Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and Beerus. All skins except for Beerus include alternate styles.
Along with the skins, the following items will be available in the Item Shop:
- Power Pole (Nyoibo): A mysterious staff given to Goku by Grandpa Gohan.
- The Seer Fish: Beerus’s forgetful prophet fish.
- Kamesennin’s Shell: Worn by Kamesennin himself.
PICKAXES, GLIDERS, AND EMOTES
- Power Pole (Nyoibo) Pickaxe: A mysterious staff given to Goku by Grandpa Gohan.
- Kamesennin’s Staff Pickaxe: Used by Kamesennin himself.
- Nimbus Cloud (Kintoun) Glider: A mysterious nimbus cloud given to Goku by Kamesennin.
- Space Pod Glider: Used mostly for the purpose of invading planets.
- Charging Up Emote: Show ’em what you’re made of.
- Fusion! Hah!!! Emote: Do you remember the dance steps?
- Boosting Ki Emote: Show off your power.
The action does not stop there as there will also be in-game items available including the Kamehameha which launches a devastating energy blast on your enemies as well as the Nimbus Cloud that will allow players to take flight while on the island. These items will fall from Capsule Corp capsules throughout the map and more capsules will appear as the Storm closes in on players which will make for interesting showdowns in the final minutes of matches.
Check out the trailer below:
Source: Epic Games
Join our free newsletter