Beautiful Side-Scrolling Adventure Game Mandragora Announced
Marvelous Europe and Primal Game Studio have announced a new side-scrolling dark fantasy RPG game titled Mandragora. The Metroidvania-inspired game is set to release on modern consoles and PC.
Marvelous describes their RPG as a “story-driven, side-scroller action RPG set in a universe of gorgeous paint strokes and inevitable tragedy,” what really drives the beauty of this game is the art style as they mention is set in a universe of gorgeous paint-strokes, and we wholeheartedly agree.
Creative Director at Primal Game Studio Istvan Zsuffa said: “Mandragora is a genre-blending mix of everything we love about our favourite games, which made it a challenge to find the right publisher who understands our vision for a title that doesn’t fit into just one box. That’s why we’re so glad to be working with Marvelous Europe to help bring our game to the players on all their favourite platforms. We’re thankful for all the fan support so far and can’t wait to continue this journey together!”
“We’re thrilled to bring Primal Game Studio’s vision to the world,” added Marc Melton, Managing Director at Marvelous Europe. “Mandragora is a fantastic project, with huge potential, marking a new step in how we work with development studios and we’re excited to have found such great partners.”
According to Primal Game Studio, in Mandragora, “mankind has surrendered the world to the monsters” and “people hide away behind walls of bricks and palisades of ignorance, constructed by their leaders.”
Here are some of the features Marvelous listed in a press release:
- Explore a universe of gorgeous paint strokes: Immerse yourself in a rich, dark, painterly 2.5D world as the epic and twisted music composted by Christos Antoniou brings this atmosphere world to life.
- Delve into a story-driven dark fantasy adventure: Leave the sanctuary of the Crimson City and travel through a vast, interconnected world that will take you from dark forests to deadly swamps, burning deserts, and more.
- Enter the dark realm of entropy: Acquire the legendary Witch Lantern and enter the dark realm of entropy through tears in the fabric of reality.
- Encounter horrific monsters and terrifying creatures: Add fallen foes to your bestiary as you battle distinctive enemies and unique, deadly bosses to discover what really lurks in the shadows.
- Upgrade your toolset: Find artisans to join your growing caravan to unlock new upgrades. Grow herbs to brew beneficial potions and craft powerful weapons, armor, and trinkets to help you along the way.
- Play your way: Master the punishing side-scrolling action as one of multiple unique classes and customize your character’s active skills through a deep and rewarding character development system. Complete the game and start anew on countless NG+ difficulty levels.
No release date has been announced, but it will release on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Check out the trailer below:
Source: Marvelous Europe