Amnesia: The Bunker – Frictional Games Unveils New Open-World Amnesia Game
Frictional Games has announced that they will be expanding their Amnesia game series with a new open-world game titled Amnesia: The Bunker. The sandbox horror game will be coming to consoles and PC in 2023. The developer behind the popular horror game series Amnesia, and Soma released a reveal trailer giving players a taste of what they will experience next year.
Frictional Games noted that they plan to give players a sense of freedom in The Bunker, saying:
“with high levels of freedom to impact gameplay, choosing their playstyle as they explore at will this semi-open world.”
The press release goes on to share:
“Amnesia: The Bunker will feature a new kind of horror survival adventure that incorporates emergent gameplay and sandbox elements into the mix. Players will be in total control of their moment-to-moment decisions. Armed with a revolver gun and a noisy dynamo flashlight, players will walk the course of an ill-lighted WW1 bunker on the shoes of a French soldier troubled by his amnesia and hunted by an otherworldly creature.
Amnesia: The Bunker will test players’ cleverness, courage, and ability to keep cool under pressure to make quick problem-solving decisions. There are multiple available solutions to each task, puzzle, and approach to the game’s obstacles; it’s up to you to decide your moves.”
Along with a semi-open world that is designed to instill constant dread in the players, the press release shared some of the key features that will be available in the game. Check them out below:
- Unscripted environment – objects, threats, and resources, change in every playthrough
- Adaptive horrid threats – an ever-present gruesome creature that stalks the player.
- Player choice – emergent gameplay in a sandbox horror survival experience
- Absorbing yet terrifying tale – experience hell on earth in a fictional appalling story
- Engrossing atmosphere and tension – enhanced lighting effects and carefully designed sound effects for a real horror experience.
- Tactile immersion – all-new levels of interaction with the world through puzzle-solving and tool handling
Amnesia: The Bunker will arrive on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC sometime in 2023.
Check out the announcement trailer below:
Source: Frictional Games