Taraji P Henson Set to Direct Jennifer Hudson in Female-Led Anthology Project TELL IT LIKE A WOMAN.
Oscar nominee Taraji P Henson (Hidden Figures, Empire), Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson (Dreamgirls, The Secret Life of Bees), and Pauletta Washington (Genius) have joined Iervolino Entertainment’s star-studded anthology project Tell It Like a Woman.
The actresses will take on the story “Pepcy & Kim,” one of the anthology’s seven segments. Henson has signed on to direct the piece, “which is inspired by the true story of Kim Carter, a former addict who has used her story and her nonprofit, the Time for Change Foundation, to help homeless women and children break the cycle and reclaim their lives.”
Hudson is set to star in the segment, playing both Pepcy and Kim, opposite Washington. The segment was written by Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight).
Pepcy & Kim is the final part cast in the Tell It Like a Woman project, “a film made by and about women, comprised of seven segments that make one intertwining feature film.” Hardwicke, Cara Delevingne, Margherita Buy, Marcia Gay Harden, Eva Longoria, Leonor Varela, Jacqueline Fernandez, Anne Watanabe and Mipo O have already signed onto the project.
The other segments in the project range in genre and filmmaking style. They include:
- Unspoken – directed by Maria Sole Tognazzi and starring Margherita Buy
- Lagonegro – directed by Lucia Puenzo and starring Eva Longoria
- Elbows deep – directed by Catherine Hardwicke and starring Cara Delevingne, Marcia Gay Harden, and Jasmine Luv
- Sharing a Ride – directed by Leena Yadav and starring Jacqueline Fernandez and Anjali Lama
- A Week in My Life – directed by Mipo O and starring Anne Watanabe