Full All-Star Cast and Photo Revealed For New Murder Mystery Film SEE HOW THEY RUN.
The murder mystery film titled See How They Run is currently in development at Searchlight Pictures and the full cast and first-look photo has been revealed.
The film stars Sam Rockwell, Saoirse Ronan, David Oyelowo, Adrien Brody and Ruth Wilson. They are joined by Harris Dickinson (Beach Rats), Sian Clifford (Fleabag), Jacob Fortune-Lloyd (The Queen’s Gambit), Shirley Henderson (Stan and Ollie), Reece Shearsmith (High-Rise), Paul Chahidi (Twelfth Night), Pearl Chanda (I May Destroy You), Charlie Cooper (Avenue 5) and Pippa Bennett-Warner (Harlots).
The story is set on the West End of 1950s London, “where plans for a movie version of a smash-hit play come to an abrupt halt after a pivotal member of the crew is murdered. When world-weary Inspector Stoppard (Rockwell) and eager rookie Constable Stalker (Ronan) take on the case, the two find themselves thrown into a puzzling whodunit within the glamorously sordid theater underground, investigating the mysterious homicide at their own peril.”
The movie is being helmed by Tom George (This Country) from an original script by Mark Chappell. Searchlight heads of film production Katie Goodson-Thomas and DanTram Nguyen shared in a statement:
“We have been enamored with Tom George and his work with the BBC for years. His knack for bringing stellar performances from an ensemble cast across multiple genres made him the perfect choice to lead the talented team of See How They Run. We are pleased to welcome several members of the Searchlight family back to the fold like Saoirse, Sam, Adrien and David for this entertaining whodunit.”
George added that working with “this incredible cast has been a total dream. I’m so excited to bring this thrilling, smart, funny murder mystery to audiences. Doing so with the company behind such brilliant ensemble films as ‘Jojo Rabbit,’ ‘Birdman’ and ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ has really been the perfect fit.”
Here’s a list featuring the details on each of the characters that fill the story:
- Sam Rockwell as Inspector Stoppard, a seasoned official who thinks he’s seen it all… until now.
- Saoirse Ronan as Constable Stalker, the indefatigably ambitious rookie on the case.
- Adrien Brody as Leo Köpernick, an unscrupulous film director with a flair for drama.
- David Oyelowo as Mervyn Cocker-Norris, celebrated writer, charged with adapting the successful stage play into a film.
- Ruth Wilson as Petula Spencer, a West End theatre impresario eager for her starring role.
- Reece Shearsmith as John Woolf, the esteemed film producer looking to shoot magic adapting a popular stage play to film.
- Sian Clifford as Edana Romney, Woolf’s wife.
- Shirley Henderson as a Dame known to all by name alone.
- Charlie Cooper as Dennis the Usher, who witnesses more than a curtain call.
- Jacob Fortune-Lloyd as Gio, the inscrutably handsome taxidermist hiding a secret lover.
- Paul Chahidi as Fellowes, a butler working for the Dame.
- Pearl Chanda as Sheila Sim, a celebrated actress from the play hoping to make the leap to film.
- Harris Dickinson as Dickie Attenborough, Sheila’s suspicious husband.
- Pippa Bennett-Warner as Ann Saville, Woolf’s assistant and mistress.
The movie is set for a wide theatrical release in 2022.
Join our free newsletter