IMAGE/SKYBOUND ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES CHARITY VARIANT COVERS FOR ASIAN AMERICAN & PACIFIC ISLANDER HERITAGE MONTH
Skybound Entertainment announced today that many of their comic book releases in May will feature new variant covers honoring Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month. Each of these covers will be penciled by creators of Asian or AAPI heritage.
All proceeds from the sales of these AAPI Heritage Month variant covers, will be donated to CCED, a Los Angeles based volunteer organization that builds grassroots power through organizing, education, and mutual help.
“With the dramatic rise in hate crimes against the AAPI communities, Skybound decided to launch this new initiative to raise awareness of this epidemic and to raise money to support the excellent work that CCED is doing here in Los Angeles,” said Sean Mackiewicz, SVP/Editor-in-Chief at Skybound Entertainment. “We recognize that it isn’t enough for every single one of us at Skybound to simply oppose these racist actions—we must also take actions to support those in AAPI communities doing the work at a local level to affect meaningful change.”
All of Skybound’s AAPI Heritage Month variant covers will be available exclusively at comic book stores and includes:
- FIRE POWER BY KIRKMAN & SAMNEE #11 CVR B HENDERSON AAPI VAR (FOC 4/12, ON-SALE 5/5) by Erica Henderson – Diamond Code FEB219190
- WALKING DEAD DLX #14 CVR D YOUNG AAPI VAR (MR) (FOC 4/12, ON-SALE 5/5) by Ethan Young – Diamond Code FEB219192
- BIRTHRIGHT #49 CVR B Su AAPI VAR (FOC 4/19, ON-SALE 5/12) by EJ Su
- STILLWATER #7 CVR B Lee AAPI VAR (FOC 4/26, ON-SALE 5/19) by Soo Lee
- ULTRAMEGA #3 CVR E TBA AAPI VAR (FOC 4/26, ON-SALE 5/19) by TBA
- THE WALKING DEAD DELUXE #15 CVR C YOUNG AAPI VAR (FOC 4/26, ON-SALE 5/19) by Cynthia Young
- EXCELLENCE #11 CVR B Ha AAPI VAR (FOC 5/3, ON-SALE 5/26) by Robin Ha
- MANIFEST DESTINY #43 CVR B AAPI VAR (FOC 5/3, ON-SALE 5/26) by TBA
For more info and updates on these AAPI Heritage Month variant covers, visit: www.skybound.com.
To learn more about how you can support the AAPI communities, visit: www.stopaapihate.org.