Battlefield 2042 Update 1.0 Bringing Hundreds of Changes and Fixes Ahead of Season one Launch
DICE & EA have announced a big update for Battlefield 2042 that has rolled out now on all platforms. The update is set to bring hundreds of bug fixes and changes to the first-person multiplayer shooter that has seen its fair share of setbacks since it launched. These quality of life improvements come ahead of the games’ Season 1 launch.
Season 1: Zero Hour is almost here and along with these improvements in preparation for the release of Season 1, DICE is also hosting a gameplay reveal today on their official YouTube channel which will show players a glimpse of the changes and improvements brought to the game as well as what the first season of Battlefield 2042 has in store for players.
Check out the improvements highlighted by DICE:
- Multiple improvements to soldier gameplay which will result in overall smoother animations and movement.
- Weapons received updated netcode to improve bullet hit registration. We’ve also done a further balance pass which includes increased projectile speeds for DMR’s and LMG’s, and improved accuracy for Shotguns.
- Multiple new XP events have been added, such as for killing an enemy who recently wounded or killed a squadmate, or when an enemy vehicle you recently damaged is destroyed by a teammate and the occupants are killed
- The number of available in-world vehicles has been increased for Conquest which should make it easier to move across the map
- Sundance’s Wingsuit has been adjusted to lower overall flight time, while making it easier to maneuver. To simplify their Specialty, the EMP Field Smart Explosive has been removed
Another update is on the horizon from DICE and is scheduled for early July but will pack “a smaller update that brings further fixes and changes to the battlefield”.
For a full list of the changes and bug fixes included in the update, visit DICE‘s full patch notes here.