THE WALKING DEAD Season 11 – Five Promo Teasers, New Photos, and Character Descriptions. AMC unleashed a ton of promotional material for the 11th and final season of its flagship […]
THE WALKING DEAD Season 11 – Five Promo Teasers, New Photos, and Character Descriptions.
AMC unleashed a ton of promotional material for the 11th and final season of its flagship series The Walking Dead.
Below you’ll find four promo teasers, a collection of photos, and some character descriptions offering some details on what’s ahead for characters such as Daryl, Carol, Eugene, Ezekiel, Jerry, Yumiko, Judith, and Princess. Let’s start out with the Season 11 synopsis:
Previously on The Walking Dead, our survivors confronted past demons and combated new threats, with friendships and relationships suffering from the mounting collateral damage that is the apocalypse. Alexandria is severely compromised, left a former shell of the home it once was from the carnage and devastation left behind by the Whisperers.
Now all who live in Alexandria struggle to refortify it and feed its increasing number of residents, which include the survivors from the fall of the Kingdom and the burning of Hilltop; along with Maggie and her new group, the Wardens. Alexandria has more people than it can manage to feed and protect. Their situation is dire as tensions heat up over past events and self-preservation rises to the surface within the ravaged walls.
They must secure more food while they attempt to restore Alexandria before it collapses like countless other communities they have come across throughout the years. But where and how? More haggard and hungrier than ever before, they must dig deeper to find the effort and strength to safeguard the lives of their children, even if it means losing their own.
Meanwhile, unbeknownst to those at Alexandria, Eugene, Ezekiel, Yumiko, and Princess are still being held captive by mysterious soldiers who are members of a larger and unforthcoming group.
Here are the character descriptions that were shared:
- A man of few words, Daryl (Norman Reedus) is forthright, weary, guarded, and most of all, strategic. His nomadic nature allows him to navigate the familiar and unfamiliar. The divide with Carol is an issue they must address, but food and supplies take precedence. A word to the wise – never mess with his dog.
- Carol (Melissa McBride) is steadfast in her priorities to help rebuild Alexandria and keep all within its walls protected and fed, but others see the means to survival differently. The strain between her and Daryl is on her mind as she continues to operate independently. She will always go to greater lengths to protect herself, her family, and her community.
- A risk-taker in his own unique way, Eugene (Josh McDermitt) carries a great amount of guilt. He is aware of the consequences of every decision he has ever made, or will make in the future. In this constant emotional state, is his mind capable of trusting what he says and what he sees?
- A zookeeper who became King. A man with cancer who has undying optimism. Ezekiel (Khary Payton) has always helped those around him and himself to live better and be better. Still captured by the troopers, Ezekiel feels he has made a grave mistake.
- Jerry (Cooper Andrews) is vigilant. His confidence and leadership are without question. His effervescence, at times, is the only light in this dark world. But do not mistake his levity for weakness.
- Yumiko’s (Eleanor Matsuura) strength is her intellect and it serves her well. Captured, she has little tolerance for the questioning by the troopers. She is unlike anyone they have questioned before, allowing her to look at the situation in a different light, while shedding light on the inner workings of her new surroundings.
- A child of the apocalypse, Judith (Cailey Fleming) is stronger than her years would indicate. She continues to hold her head high and fight with might for all to live. She feels the pressure of possibly being the only one left in her immediate family. This is a heavy load to carry at any age.
- No matter how dire the situation, Princess (Paola Lázaro) believes things will work out for the best. Her head may be in the clouds, but her coping skills are dialed-in to how life really works in the apocalypse. If she were to listen to her inner dialogue, she might realize her instincts and observations could be the key to solving most of their problems.
The Walking Dead will return on Sunday, August 22 at 9 p.m. ET.
Here are the photos that have been shared: